Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Moving

The time has come to leave our bottom dwelling habitat. We have been living with my parents since January 2009. I have mixed feelings about leaving. I know it is time for Jesse, Liam, and I to experience life on our own, but I love being around my parents. It has been a blessing to save money to pay for Jesse's tuition. Yeah for graduating without any more debt! It was also a blessing to be living with my parents during the time after Liam's birth. For those of you that don't know I had Postpartum depression and anxiety. Jesse, Liam, and I would not have survived if we didn't have the support of living with other people. I know I am an adult because I am married and have a child. But I still feel like a kid at the same time. It isn't that I want my parents to take care of me like when I was a kid, but you never stop needing your parent's affirmation and support. I am exited to be in our own space. It will be fun to see all the things that have been in storage the past year or so. Yay for a new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Kelby! I knew you had a hard time when Liam was born, but I didn't know it was post partum depression and anxiety. I am so sorry. What a blessing to be so close to your parents. I'm glad you were able to find help and comfort through them. I'm not sure if I had post partum "clinically" or not, but I certainly went through you-know-what trying to get Eli to nurse and deal with his colic. Having babies is hard, isn't it? But OH so rewarding, and even more worth it.

    ReplyDelete